A revamped Festival Day celebration featuring three graded races worth $700,000, three cards offering three major stakes apiece, and a record $2,695,000 in purse money highlight Tampa's stakes schedule for the 2013-14 meet.
The 82nd season of Tampa Bay Downs racing will feature record increases for both its stakes schedule and daily average purses, it was announced Sept. 20.
Handle soared 42% for Tampa Bay Downs' second Florida Cup Day Sunday, when $3,832,790 was wagered on a card that featured six stakes races with purses that totaled $504,900.
Seventy-six entries were taken for Tampa Bay Downs' Florida Cup Day worth an estimated $500,000, including six stakes races. There were 140 horses entered for the 12-race card.
Stall applications for the upcoming 2003-04 Tampa Bay Downs' meeting have soared to 2,855, 25% higher than last year's applications for the track's 1,378 available stalls. The 93-day meet opens Dec. 13 and runs through May 2, 2004.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Deadline Nears for OBS Racing Age Section
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Rocketts Mill Farm Founder Stevens Dead at 82
- Slideshow: Game On Dude