A revamped Festival Day celebration featuring three graded races worth $700,000, three cards offering three major stakes apiece, and a record $2,695,000 in purse money highlight Tampa's stakes schedule for the 2013-14 meet.
The 82nd season of Tampa Bay Downs racing will feature record increases for both its stakes schedule and daily average purses, it was announced Sept. 20.
Handle soared 42% for Tampa Bay Downs' second Florida Cup Day Sunday, when $3,832,790 was wagered on a card that featured six stakes races with purses that totaled $504,900.
Seventy-six entries were taken for Tampa Bay Downs' Florida Cup Day worth an estimated $500,000, including six stakes races. There were 140 horses entered for the 12-race card.
Stall applications for the upcoming 2003-04 Tampa Bay Downs' meeting have soared to 2,855, 25% higher than last year's applications for the track's 1,378 available stalls. The 93-day meet opens Dec. 13 and runs through May 2, 2004.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner