Susan Moulton's Solitary Ranger controlled the pace and romped clear in the stretch to score easily over favored stablemate Poker Player in the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes March 1 at Turfway Park.
Daughter of Ready's Image owned by the Hit The Board Stables partnership group goes wire-to-wire in the nine-furlong turf test for 3-year-old fillies at Arlington Park.
Solitary Ranger returned from a layup to take the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) in solid fashion Sept. 7 at Arlington Park, becoming his sire's first stakes winner in the process.
With a well-timed ride by jockey Florent Geroux, Silverton Hills' Havelock got up in the final strides to overtake favored Lonesome Street to win the $150,000 Hanshin Cup (gr. III) by a neck.
Pachattack roared to the lead rounding the final turn and romped to her first graded stakes win in the $100,000 Arlington Matron (gr. III) May 28 at Arlington Park.
Joe Vann, making his stakes debut for Todd Pletcher, turned back the challenge of The Fed Eased in the stretch to register a commanding win in the $300,000 TVG Illinois Derby (gr. III) April 9 at Hawthorne.
In her stakes debut, Dade Babe sped away from her rivals on the first turn and was never caught, winning the $100,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Arlington Park turf by 3 3/4 lengths Sept. 6.
Florent Geroux, the jockey who was hospitalized following a spill in the sixth race on Keeneland's Oct. 5 opening day card, suffered two fractured vertebrae and a broken right wrist in the accident, Keeneland reported Oct. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff