Daughter of Ready's Image owned by the Hit The Board Stables partnership group goes wire-to-wire in the nine-furlong turf test for 3-year-old fillies at Arlington Park.
Solitary Ranger returned from a layup to take the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) in solid fashion Sept. 7 at Arlington Park, becoming his sire's first stakes winner in the process.
With a well-timed ride by jockey Florent Geroux, Silverton Hills' Havelock got up in the final strides to overtake favored Lonesome Street to win the $150,000 Hanshin Cup (gr. III) by a neck.
Pachattack roared to the lead rounding the final turn and romped to her first graded stakes win in the $100,000 Arlington Matron (gr. III) May 28 at Arlington Park.
Joe Vann, making his stakes debut for Todd Pletcher, turned back the challenge of The Fed Eased in the stretch to register a commanding win in the $300,000 TVG Illinois Derby (gr. III) April 9 at Hawthorne.
In her stakes debut, Dade Babe sped away from her rivals on the first turn and was never caught, winning the $100,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Arlington Park turf by 3 3/4 lengths Sept. 6.
Florent Geroux, the jockey who was hospitalized following a spill in the sixth race on Keeneland's Oct. 5 opening day card, suffered two fractured vertebrae and a broken right wrist in the accident, Keeneland reported Oct. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity