Ellis Park director of operations Bob Jackson said in spite of the Kentucky River flooding around the facility a week prior to the Kentucky Derby, simulcast numbers were not significantly affected.
The record-setting rains of April in the Cincinnati, Ohio area have forced officials at River Downs to push back their expected live racing opening of Friday, April 29, to a date yet to be determined.
The 2011 Magic Millions Central Queensland yearling sale will be held in Rockhampton in Australia May 6. The sale originally was scheduled for April, but had to be moved so Rockhampton could recover from recent flooding.
River Downs near Cincinnati, Ohio, shut down its simulcasting operation Jan. 8-9 because the level of the Ohio River continues to rise, track officials said.
Racetracks and off-track betting sites lost hundreds of thousands of dollars after heavy flooding in Houston shut down a wagering hub two hours before the Belmont Stakes on June 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Hushion Seeks 'Wand for Princess Violet
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position