Ellis Park director of operations Bob Jackson said in spite of the Kentucky River flooding around the facility a week prior to the Kentucky Derby, simulcast numbers were not significantly affected.
The record-setting rains of April in the Cincinnati, Ohio area have forced officials at River Downs to push back their expected live racing opening of Friday, April 29, to a date yet to be determined.
The 2011 Magic Millions Central Queensland yearling sale will be held in Rockhampton in Australia May 6. The sale originally was scheduled for April, but had to be moved so Rockhampton could recover from recent flooding.
River Downs near Cincinnati, Ohio, shut down its simulcasting operation Jan. 8-9 because the level of the Ohio River continues to rise, track officials said.
Racetracks and off-track betting sites lost hundreds of thousands of dollars after heavy flooding in Houston shut down a wagering hub two hours before the Belmont Stakes on June 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win