Ellis Park director of operations Bob Jackson said in spite of the Kentucky River flooding around the facility a week prior to the Kentucky Derby, simulcast numbers were not significantly affected.
The record-setting rains of April in the Cincinnati, Ohio area have forced officials at River Downs to push back their expected live racing opening of Friday, April 29, to a date yet to be determined.
The 2011 Magic Millions Central Queensland yearling sale will be held in Rockhampton in Australia May 6. The sale originally was scheduled for April, but had to be moved so Rockhampton could recover from recent flooding.
River Downs near Cincinnati, Ohio, shut down its simulcasting operation Jan. 8-9 because the level of the Ohio River continues to rise, track officials said.
Racetracks and off-track betting sites lost hundreds of thousands of dollars after heavy flooding in Houston shut down a wagering hub two hours before the Belmont Stakes on June 9.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- WTBOA Summer Sale Catalog Available Online
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- KY Downs Sets Historical Racing Handle Record
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory