Donamire Farm's 8-year-old gelding Twilight Road, impressive in winning Calder's Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) by 5 ¼ lengths last year, is once more the horse to beat in Monday's renewal of the $100,000 stakes race.
A 10-horse field, including three 3-year-olds trained by Bob Baffert, were entered for Saturday's $750,000, grade I Santa Anita Derby at 1 1/8 miles.
With four big Kentucky Derby preps this weekend, as well as the Swale Stakes, one would think that finally some sense of order will be restored to the Derby trail. But maybe, instead of seeing the light, we will plunge deeper into the darkness.
Buddy Gil and jockey Gary Stevens took advantage of a red-hot pace to win Sunday's $114,550 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Santa Anita downhill turf course.
Fourteen 3-year-olds, including a pair of also-eligibles, have been entered for Sunday's $100,000 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) at 6 1/2 furlongs on turf at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions