Attention on the top 3-year-olds in Canada switches to the turf Aug. 2 when 13 line up for a contentious renewal of the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine. The final jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown attracted the winners of the first two events: Eye of the Leopard and Gallant.
Queen's Plate winner Eye of the Leopard, who won a tight decision over Mr. Foricos Two U and the filly Milwaukee Appeal in an exciting finish last month, has been installed as the 9-5 favorite in the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes. The second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown is July 12 at Fort Erie.
Milwaukee Appeal, impressive winner of the Woodbine Oaks earlier this month, is the 3-1 morning line favorite for the $1 million Queen's Plate June 21 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park