Attention on the top 3-year-olds in Canada switches to the turf Aug. 2 when 13 line up for a contentious renewal of the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine. The final jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown attracted the winners of the first two events: Eye of the Leopard and Gallant.
Queen's Plate winner Eye of the Leopard, who won a tight decision over Mr. Foricos Two U and the filly Milwaukee Appeal in an exciting finish last month, has been installed as the 9-5 favorite in the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes. The second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown is July 12 at Fort Erie.
Milwaukee Appeal, impressive winner of the Woodbine Oaks earlier this month, is the 3-1 morning line favorite for the $1 million Queen's Plate June 21 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says