Jeanne G. Vance's Postponed and Godolphin Racing's Curule each put in works over the fast main track at Saratoga Wednesday in preparation for Saturday's $1-million 1 1/4-mile Travers Stakes (gr. I).
Jeanne Vance's Lemon Drop Kid won his third consecutive race since adding blinkers after a third-place finish in the Pimlico Special (gr. I), winning the $1,042,000 Whitney Handicap (gr. I) by two lengths over Cat Thief Sunday at Saratoga.
Suburban Handicap (gr. II) winner Lemon Drop Kid and Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. II) winner Golden Missile were on the track at Saratoga Thursday morning preparing for Sunday's $750,000 Whitney Handicap (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Bogdan, Former NY Breeders Lobbyist, Dies
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- 'Night of the Stars' to Benefit CKRH
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail