Jeanne G. Vance's Postponed and Godolphin Racing's Curule each put in works over the fast main track at Saratoga Wednesday in preparation for Saturday's $1-million 1 1/4-mile Travers Stakes (gr. I).
Jeanne Vance's Lemon Drop Kid won his third consecutive race since adding blinkers after a third-place finish in the Pimlico Special (gr. I), winning the $1,042,000 Whitney Handicap (gr. I) by two lengths over Cat Thief Sunday at Saratoga.
Suburban Handicap (gr. II) winner Lemon Drop Kid and Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. II) winner Golden Missile were on the track at Saratoga Thursday morning preparing for Sunday's $750,000 Whitney Handicap (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ashleyluvssugar No Fluke in Whittingham
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Solow, Queen's Jewel Win at Longchamp
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- Mikki Queen Rules in Japanese Oaks
- Pleascach Wins Irish One Thousand Guineas