Fletcher and Carolyn Gray's gritty homebred I'm a Chatterbox will transition into her second career, as a broodmare whose first visit will come this season to Darley stallion Medaglia d'Oro.
Grade I winner I'm a Chatterbox began gearing up in earnest for her return to racing after arriving at Keeneland in early April. She is the 3-5 favorite for Friday's Doubledogdare (gr. III).
Fan favorite Runhappy gears up for Keeneland's Breeders' Cup and more in the October 31, 2015 issue of Blood-Horse magazine.
Trainer Larry Jones called an audible and sent Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) contender I'm a Chatterbox out to work early Oct. 24 at Keeneland as a light rain fell on the Lexington track.
A week after a bullet work at Keeneland, Fletcher and Carolyn Gray's homebred I'm a Chatterbox was back on the track Oct. 17, breezing five furlongs in 1:00 2/5.
I'm a Chatterbox swept clear to her first grade I victory Sept. 19 at Parx Racing, taking the $1 million Cotillion Stakes (gr. I) while favored at odds of 2-1.
Larry Jones, born and raised in Kentucky and with two winners of the Longtines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) to his credit, has a pair of strong candidates for the May 1 filly race at Churchill Downs.
Fletcher and Carolyn Gray's homebred I'm a Chatterbox rallied from far off the pace to win the $175,000 Rachel Alexandra Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 21 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
The champion-producing mare changed the life of a small Missouri breeding operation.
Stardom Bound, a 2008 champion and winner of that year's Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), has been retired from racing and been booked to Big Brown
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- The Week in Photos 6/27/2017
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win