There are many ways to raise awareness and money for Thoroughbred aftercare, and at the recent Barretts October yearling sale one idea proved very successful.
Tim McMurry, formerly the owner of Fleetwood Bloodstock, has joined the staff of Will Farish's Lane's End Farm.
Tim McMurry has joined the staff at Will Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., and will be in charge of Lane's End Bloodstock.
Sum Trick, a stakes winner in his second start, has arrived at Gary and Christine Jackson's St. Hilaire Thoroughbreds near Yakima, Wash., where he will stand for a syndicate.
The strong market for 2-year-olds in training continued with a record-breaking sale at Barretts' May sale of juveniles May 11. High water marks for average, median, and buy-back rates were eclipsed at the auction, conducted at the Hinds pavilion in Pomona California.
Most Popular Stories
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale