Native Bombshell shook off the rust after a year's absence, coming from off the pace to get up by a neck over favored Disco Barbie in the $139,006 Ontario Fashion Stakes (gr. III) Oct. 19 at Woodbine.
There are many ways to raise awareness and money for Thoroughbred aftercare, and at the recent Barretts October yearling sale one idea proved very successful.
Tim McMurry, formerly the owner of Fleetwood Bloodstock, has joined the staff of Will Farish's Lane's End Farm.
Tim McMurry has joined the staff at Will Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., and will be in charge of Lane's End Bloodstock.
Sum Trick, a stakes winner in his second start, has arrived at Gary and Christine Jackson's St. Hilaire Thoroughbreds near Yakima, Wash., where he will stand for a syndicate.
The strong market for 2-year-olds in training continued with a record-breaking sale at Barretts' May sale of juveniles May 11. High water marks for average, median, and buy-back rates were eclipsed at the auction, conducted at the Hinds pavilion in Pomona California.
Most Popular Stories
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet