The accomplished sprinter Whipper, under a confident ride from Christophe Soumillon, won his third group I race at Deauville when he captured the Prix Maurice de Gheest Sunday by a half-length over Goodricke.
Unbeaten filly Divine Proportions ran her winning streak to eight races with an impressive three-length victory over Argentina in the Prix de Diane Hermes (Fr-I) at Chantilly Sunday.
Undefeated Divine Proportions further staked her claim as Europe's top juvenile filly with a convincing two-length victory as the short-priced favorite in the Prix Marcel Boussac (Fr-I) Sunday at Longchamp.
A soft course at Deauville helped the Kentucky-bred 3-year-old Whipper win Sunday's Prix Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) at the same time it extracted a promise from the connections of Attraction to never try that footing again.
It was all a treat for Whipper as the 2-year-old colt easily won the Criterium de Maisons-Laffitte (Fr-II) on Halloween day.
The Niarchos Family's filly Denebola, ridden by Thierry Thulliez for trainer Pascal Bary, rallied for a half-length in Saturday's Prix de Caboug (Fr-III) for 2-year-olds at Deauville.
Good Journey wins the Atto Mile under Pat Day, as favored Noverre finishes sixth.
There were no fractures, deep wounds, or even sore muscles. As concerned peers drifted in and out of the Hollywood Park jockeys' room following the tragic conclusion of the $500,000 Matriarch Stakes (gr. IT) on Nov. 25, Mike Smith admitted to having a single pain. "Just a broken heart."
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies