George Washington's only foal ended the Goffs November foal sale with a bang, selling for 280,000 euros during the fifth and final session Nov. 21 in Ireland. The price was the highest of the auction.
The $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT), the final turf stakes of the year in New York for fillies and mares, drew an overflow field of 14 with two also eligibles entered for Saturday's Aqueduct feature.
Twilite Farms' Gaviola swept by Good Game in the stretch and pulled away to a three-length victory to earn her sixth consecutive win in Sunday's $250,000 Garden City Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) at Belmont Park. Under Jerry Bailey, the William H. Turner Jr. trainee completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:48.89 to earn her first grade I stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis