George Washington's only foal ended the Goffs November foal sale with a bang, selling for 280,000 euros during the fifth and final session Nov. 21 in Ireland. The price was the highest of the auction.
The $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT), the final turf stakes of the year in New York for fillies and mares, drew an overflow field of 14 with two also eligibles entered for Saturday's Aqueduct feature.
Twilite Farms' Gaviola swept by Good Game in the stretch and pulled away to a three-length victory to earn her sixth consecutive win in Sunday's $250,000 Garden City Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) at Belmont Park. Under Jerry Bailey, the William H. Turner Jr. trainee completed the 1 1/8 miles in 1:48.89 to earn her first grade I stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll