Mike Repole and Michael Dubb, who were in a neck-in-neck owner's title race for most of the 2011 Saratoga meet, square off once again in the Toboggan Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 4, as each will send out a coupled entry.
Sunrise Smarty took all the heat up front and still had just enough to hang on for a half-length win in the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) on Thanksgiving at Aqueduct.
The Mike Repole/Todd Pletcher team will be formidable when they send out the coupled entry of Calibrachoa and Have You Ever the six-furlong event March 5 at Aqueduct. A field of six was drawn.
Let's start in Paris. Despite the presence of a number of top-class horses in Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), all eyes will be on Sea the Stars as he attempts to put the finishing touch on an unforgettable 3-year-old campaign.
This year's Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) is such an odd concoction of grass and synthetic horses and undistinguished older dirt horses it's difficult to make a worthwhile list of potential starters.
Kensei notched his second straight grade II score Aug. 1 in the $500,000 Jim Dandy Stakes at Saratoga, as he pulled away from Warrior's Reward in the stretch for a convincing victory under Edgar Prado.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Past Three Winners Return for Hong Kong's QE II
- ABR Interview with Jockey Brian Hernandez Jr.
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Single-Day Saratoga Tickets on Sale May 3
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker