Mike Repole and Michael Dubb, who were in a neck-in-neck owner's title race for most of the 2011 Saratoga meet, square off once again in the Toboggan Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 4, as each will send out a coupled entry.
Sunrise Smarty took all the heat up front and still had just enough to hang on for a half-length win in the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) on Thanksgiving at Aqueduct.
The Mike Repole/Todd Pletcher team will be formidable when they send out the coupled entry of Calibrachoa and Have You Ever the six-furlong event March 5 at Aqueduct. A field of six was drawn.
Let's start in Paris. Despite the presence of a number of top-class horses in Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), all eyes will be on Sea the Stars as he attempts to put the finishing touch on an unforgettable 3-year-old campaign.
This year's Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) is such an odd concoction of grass and synthetic horses and undistinguished older dirt horses it's difficult to make a worthwhile list of potential starters.
Kensei notched his second straight grade II score Aug. 1 in the $500,000 Jim Dandy Stakes at Saratoga, as he pulled away from Warrior's Reward in the stretch for a convincing victory under Edgar Prado.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest