The British Horseracing Board held its Flat Awards ceremony Tuesday, eligible to horses who are trained or raced at some stage in Britain during 2005. Motivator was named Horse Of The Year by the BHB.
Rumplestiltskin lived up to her royal pedigree when capturing the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
Guy Reed, one of British racing's longest standing owner- breeders, celebrated his first group I winner after nearly 40 years' involvement, when La Cucarachas scored a narrow victory in the VC Bet Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) at six furlongs Thursday at York.
Flashy Wings extended her unbeaten streak to three for owner Jaber Abdullah with a victory in the June 15 Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-II) for juvenile fillies at Royal Ascot in her first stakes attempt.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos