The British Horseracing Board held its Flat Awards ceremony Tuesday, eligible to horses who are trained or raced at some stage in Britain during 2005. Motivator was named Horse Of The Year by the BHB.
Rumplestiltskin lived up to her royal pedigree when capturing the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
Guy Reed, one of British racing's longest standing owner- breeders, celebrated his first group I winner after nearly 40 years' involvement, when La Cucarachas scored a narrow victory in the VC Bet Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) at six furlongs Thursday at York.
Flashy Wings extended her unbeaten streak to three for owner Jaber Abdullah with a victory in the June 15 Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-II) for juvenile fillies at Royal Ascot in her first stakes attempt.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Zenyatta Bottle to Benefit Old Friends
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule