The British Horseracing Board held its Flat Awards ceremony Tuesday, eligible to horses who are trained or raced at some stage in Britain during 2005. Motivator was named Horse Of The Year by the BHB.
Rumplestiltskin lived up to her royal pedigree when capturing the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
Guy Reed, one of British racing's longest standing owner- breeders, celebrated his first group I winner after nearly 40 years' involvement, when La Cucarachas scored a narrow victory in the VC Bet Nunthorpe Stakes (Eng-I) at six furlongs Thursday at York.
Flashy Wings extended her unbeaten streak to three for owner Jaber Abdullah with a victory in the June 15 Queen Mary Stakes (Eng-II) for juvenile fillies at Royal Ascot in her first stakes attempt.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones