Penn Ridge Farms in Harrisburg, Pa. has added grade I winner Flashy Bull to its stallion roster for the 2014 season. The son of Holy Bull will stand for $4,500.
Beaumont Stakes winner Gypsy Robin headlines a field of 14 sophomore fillies for the $250,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) Oct. 20, including Killer Graces and Via Villagio from the West Coast barn of trainer Jerry Hollendorfer.
Believe You Can, on a three-race winning winning streak for trainer Larry Jones, is likely the horse to beat in the $150,000 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies on opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet.
Unbeaten Tu Endie Wei returns to her native Kentucky from Canada to contest the Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles at Keeneland.
The $100,000 Schuylerville (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies is the feature on opening day of the 40-day Saratoga meet, but the ungraded James Marvin Stakes for older sprinters is the race that has everyone taking notice.
WinStar Farm stallion has yearlings sell for $310,000, $225,000 at July 12 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale to top the sire list. First-year stallion Big Brown ranks second.
The longest shot on the board at 17-1, Barry L. King's Flashy Lassie came from off the pace to collar Five Star Momma in the late going to take the $109,300 Debutante (gr. III) June 25 at Churchill Downs.
Flashy Lassie became the second winner by freshman sire Flashy Bull and his first in the United States when she scored by nine lengths at Churchill Downs May 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager