Northwest Stud near Ocala, Fl. has announced its stud fees for the 2014 breeding season, including the latest stallion to join its rapidly-growing roster, grade I winner Turbo Compressor.
With Curlin around, Zanjero will never be the star of Steve Asmussen's highly successful stable, but the Winchell Thoroughbreds' 3-year-old colt has enjoyed a tremendously productive sophomore season. He punctuated his year by exceeding the $1 million mark in earnings with a convincing victory in the $510,600 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park on the night of Oct. 6.
Delightful Kiss proved his 3 1/2-length victory in the Ohio Derby (gr. II) at odds of 24-1 earlier this month was no fluke when he rallied six wide in the stretch to capture the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows Friday night.
A field of seven was entered Wednesday for Saturday's $750,000 Wood Memorial (gr. I), with Any Given Saturday now Nobiz Like Shobiz' main foe in the nine-furlong race following the defection of Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Circular Quay.
Most Popular Stories
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Rising Star Cassatt Captures Ladies Classic
- R Sassy Lass Tops OBS Racing Card Tuesday
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Coalport Convincing Winner of Connally Cup
- Able Friend Storms to Stewards' Cup Triumph
- Catalog Online for Barretts 2-Year-Old Sale
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio; Bayern Doubtful