Northwest Stud near Ocala, Fl. has announced its stud fees for the 2014 breeding season, including the latest stallion to join its rapidly-growing roster, grade I winner Turbo Compressor.
With Curlin around, Zanjero will never be the star of Steve Asmussen's highly successful stable, but the Winchell Thoroughbreds' 3-year-old colt has enjoyed a tremendously productive sophomore season. He punctuated his year by exceeding the $1 million mark in earnings with a convincing victory in the $510,600 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park on the night of Oct. 6.
Delightful Kiss proved his 3 1/2-length victory in the Ohio Derby (gr. II) at odds of 24-1 earlier this month was no fluke when he rallied six wide in the stretch to capture the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows Friday night.
A field of seven was entered Wednesday for Saturday's $750,000 Wood Memorial (gr. I), with Any Given Saturday now Nobiz Like Shobiz' main foe in the nine-furlong race following the defection of Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Circular Quay.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Full OBS March Sale to be Conducted Tuesday
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones
- Geeky Gorgeous Named New Jersey Horse of Year
- Haskin: 'Horseplayers' and Pioneer Days
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Godolphin Pair Face Off in Maktoum Challenge
- A Racing Weekend of Stars