Voters in Miami-Dade County, Fla., approved slot machines for Calder Race Course and the county's two other pari-mutuel facilities in a Jan. 29 referendum. They passed the ballot issue by a 63%-37% margin--a decisive victory in a race many observers expected would be close.
Calder Race Course president Ken Dunn expects "a tough race" during the last days before Miami-Dade County's Jan. 29 vote on slot machines for Calder and two other pari-mutuel facilities.
Calder Race Course and Flagler Dog Track and Sports Entertainment Center,have initiated a formal request before a committee of the Miami-Dade County Commission for a referendum for voters to consider the inclusion of slot machines at the three existing pari-mutuel facilities in Miami-Dade County.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- Twilight Eclipse Seeks GI Double in Manhattan
- Effinex Targets Brooklyn for Jerkens
- Turf Sprinters Line Up for Loaded Jaipur
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- Mubtaahij Races For 'Other' Sheikh in Belmont
- Belmont Post Draw: Jerry Crawford
- Champion Escena Dead at Age 22 in Kentucky
- Champion Untapable Formidable in Ogden Phipps