New York Racing Association director of television and interactive platforms Dan Silver said plans to offer racing fans their choice of unique perspectives could see NYRA surge past those sports in that area.
Turned out at a Wellington, Fla. farm shortly after suffering his first loss by a nose in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) on Nov. 5, Union Rags has returned to light training after a short break.
Magna Entertainment blamed the weak performance of its slots operation at Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino as a key to another in a series of poor financial quarters, as the company announced a $49.8 million net loss ending Sept. 30.
Magna Entertainment Co. announced "disappointing" second-quarter earnings Aug. 9 that included a $23.4-million loss during the period, and outlined new initiatives to help reduce mounting debt that has haunted the racetrack operator.
The 80th season of live Thoroughbred racing at Tampa Bay Downs opens Dec. 10 with changes aimed at impressing racing fans, including bigger payouts on exacta, daily double, quinella, pick 3, and pick 4 wagering. The track's 26 stakes races will be run for more than $2.3 million.
Robert "Country" and Bea Roberts' Post Time Training Center in Ocala, Fla., was auctioned at a foreclosure sale the morning of Aug. 24 and is now owned by Community Bank of Marion County.
A request from the Horse Park Authority for $3 million from the Florida legislature has been reduced to $750,000 in the Senate's budget, and $1 million in the House's budget.
Most Popular Stories
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time Gr. I Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Desormeaux to Hospital After Kick by Horse
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing
- Record Prize Money Expected for NHC, NHC Tour
- Kay Outlines Recent Successes to NYRA Board
- Haskin: Thoughts on a Super Saturday