Noted Mid-Atlantic-based owner-breeder William R. Harris died Nov. 8 at his home in Mineral, Va., according to trainer Chris Grove. He was 90 years old.
The $300,000 Maryland Million Classic, headline event of the 23rd annual showcase for the offspring of Maryland sires Oct. 4, drew the top three finishers from the race last year, including defending champion Evil Storm.
Beaten at short prices over the track in his last two starts, Gottcha Gold is back to defend his title in the $300,000 Philip H. Iselin Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park Aug. 16, and he could well be favored again.
The $300,000 Maryland Million Classic, feature of the 22nd Maryland Million Day at Laurel Park Oct. 13, has drawn a field of 10, including the champions from the previous two years.
The 22nd Maryland Million, set for Oct. 13 at Laurel Park, has attracted 120 entrants for 12 races, including the $300,000 Maryland Million Classic.
Erdenheim Farm's Play Bingo went from last to first to win the $250,000 Maryland Million Classic Saturday at Laurel Park, the centerpiece of a day of stakes races for the progeny of Maryland breds.
The 20th Maryland Million for the offspring of Maryland sires attracted 112 entrants to the twelve-race program Saturday at Laurel Park. Presidentialaffair is a 9-5 morning line favorite to defend his title in the 1 3/16-mile Classic.
Most Popular Stories
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Tribal Rule Yearlings Top Washington Sale
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Oklahoma-Bred Supplements Up 10% at Remington