Two-time champion Groupie Doll provided a satisfying conclusion to her stellar career with an eye-catching last-to-first romp in the $200,000 Hurricane Bertie Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 9 at Gulfstream Park.
After a less than satisfying outcome in the Cigar Mile (gr. I) in November, owner Mandy Pope says she couldn't bear to see two-time female sprint champion Groupie Doll end her career that way.
The longest shot on the board at 17-1, Barry L. King's Flashy Lassie came from off the pace to collar Five Star Momma in the late going to take the $109,300 Debutante (gr. III) June 25 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail