Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) winner Alpha was installed as the 5-2 morning line favorite in an 11-horse field drawn for the Aug. 25 Travers Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course.
Trainer Ian Wilkes declared Neck 'n Neck ready for the Aug. 25 Travers Stakes (gr. I) after the Jim Dandy (gr. II) runner-up breezed five furlongs in 1:00.09 at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 20 in New York.
- By Vic Zast
Even on College Day, the backyard of Saratoga should not be confused with the infield of Churchill Downs on Kentucky Derby Day. read blog
Street Life earned street cred at Saratoga Race Course July 27, punching his ticket to the Aug. 25 Travers Stakes (gr. I) by taking the $100,000 Curlin Stakes for Magnolia Racing Stable and Hidden Brook Farm.
Join Tom LaMarra and Pete Denk to talk Belmont Stakes and the Triple Crown. Read Transcript
Will I'll Have Another be crowned as Triple Crown winner number 12? Or will there be a spoiler? Predict the Order
With two Belmont Stakes (gr. I) hopefuls having completed their final workouts, trainers of other contenders for the June 9 classic have firmed up their plans.
With a steady rain falling, dual classic winner I'll Have Another galloped a mile at Belmont Park May 25 as he continued to prepare for attempt at history in the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire