With three select juvenile sales in the books for 2010, the president of the NATC discusses the marketplace for Thoroughbreds.
Businessman purchased Turf Paradise in 2000; battles with major league sports, Native American casinos for the entertainment dollar in recession-battered economy in Phoenix metroplex
Trainer ran two 3-year-olds in the Feb. 27 Borderland Derby at Sunland Park. Raise the Bar finished first, but was DQ'd to second behind his other colt, Storming Saint. It was 8 3/4 lengths back to the third-placed runner.
Documentary filmmaker is putting finishing touches on 'Thoroughbred' which will debut on KET March 8.
Former president of the Maryland Jockey Club heads group that seeks to purchase the MJC from a bankrupt Magna Entertainment Corp.
Founder of EQB is also the founder and CEO of Blow Horn Equity, a bidder for the Maryland Jockey Club that is currently owned by the bankrupt Magna Entertainment Corp.
We caught up with trainer Al Stall Jr. Dec. 14 as his last training set of the day went out and asked him five questions.
The Sunland Derby on March 28 will be graded for the first time in 2010. We caught up with Sunland Park publicity director Eric Alwan this week as he was preparing for the track's opening and asked him five questions.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18