Group I-placed Sovereign Debt brought the highest price at the Tattersalls February sale Feb. 6 at Park Paddocks in Newmarket, selling for 145,000 guineas ($248,289 in United States funds) to trainer David Nicholls.
The median price rose 33.3% from 2008 during the opening session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale Oct. 26 in England. However, the gross revenue and average price suffered moderate setbacks, falling 12.6% and 11.1%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- TOBA July Member of the Month
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Gimme Da Lute Dominates Real Good Deal
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted