Group I-placed Sovereign Debt brought the highest price at the Tattersalls February sale Feb. 6 at Park Paddocks in Newmarket, selling for 145,000 guineas ($248,289 in United States funds) to trainer David Nicholls.
The median price rose 33.3% from 2008 during the opening session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale Oct. 26 in England. However, the gross revenue and average price suffered moderate setbacks, falling 12.6% and 11.1%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Portrade Back at Saratoga for A.P. Smithwick
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Plumptre Leaving Godolphin Australia Position
- Spendthrift Australia Schedules Stallion Parades
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney