Hard Knocker, a stakes-producing daughter of Raja Baba, died May 1 in her paddock at Jim FitzGerald's Knockgriffin Farm near Lexington.
South Sea Dancer, who commanded a world-record price of $1.8 million as a yearling, was euthanized Feb. 2 at Jim FitzGerald's Knockgriffin Farm near Paris, Ky.
Miss Snowflake, dam of champion and classic winner Snow Chief, died April 2 in her paddock after foaling a Talk Is Money colt the previous night at Jim FitzGerald's Knockgriffin Farm near Lexington.
Nation's highest court overturns a previous ruling by the Iowa Supreme Court that declared the state's graduated tax rate on racetrack slot machines was unconstitutional.
With the winds of change swirling hard around the South Florida racing scene, Gulfstream Park opened for its 2001 meet on Jan. 3 with its usual accompaniment of the top horses and outfits from across the East Coast and Midwest. Perhaps appropriately, with a wrecking ball due to demolish the plant once the meet concludes as part of a Magna Entertainment major reconstruction, and a war over racing dates in the offing, the results of a trio of opening week stakes were as likely as Frank Stronach joining Tim Smith for a friendly round of golf.
Major producer Tinnitus, dam of sprint champion Groovy and granddam of champion Boston Harbor, was euthanized on June 23 at Jim FitzGerald's Knockgriffin Farm near Paris, Ky., because of complications from the infirmities of age.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control