The presence of two fillies with near impeccable credentials has kept the entry box light for Saturday's $150,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at seven furlongs. Storm Flag Flying, the champion 2-year-old filly of 2002, will have her work cut out for her trying to run down Randaroo.
Jay Em Ess Stable's She's Zealous carried jockey Mike Luzzi to his fourth win of the day, a front-running, hard-fought one-length victory over Fit Performer Saturday in the $82,875 Correction Handicap for fillies and mares on Aqueduct's fast inner dirt track.
Fit Performer beat Drexel Monorail by 4 1/4 lengths Thursday in the $81,600 Interborough Handicap at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Silviniaco Conti Wins 2nd King George Chase
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection