The presence of two fillies with near impeccable credentials has kept the entry box light for Saturday's $150,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at seven furlongs. Storm Flag Flying, the champion 2-year-old filly of 2002, will have her work cut out for her trying to run down Randaroo.
Jay Em Ess Stable's She's Zealous carried jockey Mike Luzzi to his fourth win of the day, a front-running, hard-fought one-length victory over Fit Performer Saturday in the $82,875 Correction Handicap for fillies and mares on Aqueduct's fast inner dirt track.
Fit Performer beat Drexel Monorail by 4 1/4 lengths Thursday in the $81,600 Interborough Handicap at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell