Royal Assault, content to lope along near the back of the pack early under a patient Pat Day, unleashed a strong run in the stretch to win the Sir Barton Stakes for 3-year-olds Saturday at Pimlico.
Carl F. Pollard's Caressing, winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) her championship season, has been bred to 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus and pronounced in foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse