Royal Assault, content to lope along near the back of the pack early under a patient Pat Day, unleashed a strong run in the stretch to win the Sir Barton Stakes for 3-year-olds Saturday at Pimlico.
Carl F. Pollard's Caressing, winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) her championship season, has been bred to 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus and pronounced in foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby