Fistfite, a son of Two Punch, died of a heart attack July 25. The 11-year-old stallion was standing in Kansas but was to stand in 2010 at the farm of his owner, Dr. Warren Center.
Fog City Stable's D'Wildcat settled behind the early pace, moved outside approaching the stretch, and drew off to win the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. III) by 10 1/2 lengths in a dominating performance Saturday at Gulfstream Park. Under jockey Corey Nakatani, the 3-year-old colt completed the seven furlongs in 1:22.25 on a fast track.
Songandaprayer, a $1 million purchase who broke his maiden at Monmouth in his only other start, enjoyed a successful stakes debut Sunday by winning the $84,800 Huntington Stakes on a sloppy track at Aqueduct.
Two Item Limit won the $109,200 Tempted Stakes (gr. III) and Ommadon captured the $113,200 Nashua Stakes (gr. III) in the co-features at Aqueduct on Sunday.
Peter Callahan's Fistfite moved up to the lead on the turn and edged away in the stretch to win the $108,800 Cowdin Stakes (gr. III) by 2 1/4 lengths Sunday at Belmont Park. Under Richard Migliore, Fistfite completed the 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:15.63 on a fast track.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies