Fistfite, a son of Two Punch, died of a heart attack July 25. The 11-year-old stallion was standing in Kansas but was to stand in 2010 at the farm of his owner, Dr. Warren Center.
Fog City Stable's D'Wildcat settled behind the early pace, moved outside approaching the stretch, and drew off to win the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. III) by 10 1/2 lengths in a dominating performance Saturday at Gulfstream Park. Under jockey Corey Nakatani, the 3-year-old colt completed the seven furlongs in 1:22.25 on a fast track.
Songandaprayer, a $1 million purchase who broke his maiden at Monmouth in his only other start, enjoyed a successful stakes debut Sunday by winning the $84,800 Huntington Stakes on a sloppy track at Aqueduct.
Two Item Limit won the $109,200 Tempted Stakes (gr. III) and Ommadon captured the $113,200 Nashua Stakes (gr. III) in the co-features at Aqueduct on Sunday.
Peter Callahan's Fistfite moved up to the lead on the turn and edged away in the stretch to win the $108,800 Cowdin Stakes (gr. III) by 2 1/4 lengths Sunday at Belmont Park. Under Richard Migliore, Fistfite completed the 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:15.63 on a fast track.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas