While the bloodstock market anxiously awaits the beginning of the yearling sale season, there is a heightened level of anticipation with first-crop stallions.
Taylor Made Farm stallion Saint Ballado sired the $4-million session topper on the Monday night opener to the Keeneland July select yearling sale, but Three Chimneys Farm's venerable Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew was leading sire by average on the evening, with two colts selling for an average price of $1,925,000.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation