While the bloodstock market anxiously awaits the beginning of the yearling sale season, there is a heightened level of anticipation with first-crop stallions.
Taylor Made Farm stallion Saint Ballado sired the $4-million session topper on the Monday night opener to the Keeneland July select yearling sale, but Three Chimneys Farm's venerable Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew was leading sire by average on the evening, with two colts selling for an average price of $1,925,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse Horizontal Navigation: Sales
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm