Owner/trainer Steve Klesaris, injured in a motor vehicle accident the day before, couldn't be on hand at Pimlico Race Course Saturday to see his Diabolical win the $200,000 Emirates Airline Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course.
Park Avenue Ball, who captured last year's Futurity (gr. II) at Belmont Park but has yet to find the winner's circle as a 3-year-old, gets another test around two turns in the Long Branch Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
Forced to miss a start in the Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) last month due to a quarantine caused by equine herpes virus, Don't Get Mad returned to action Saturday with an impressive win as the odds-on choice in the $217,400 Northern Dancer Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Roly Poly, Persuasive tackle Qemah in Prix Rothschild
- Irish Strait Sentimental Choice in Monmouth S.
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- NBC Plans Live Coverage of Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding