Don't act bewildered when your freakishly fast Bellamy Road finishes up the track on the first Saturday in May and a "slowpoke" like Giacomo comes charging by you in the stretch. read blog
A private showing of "The First Saturday in May," the award-winning documentary from the Hennegan Brothers that profiles the connections of six Thoroughbreds, including ill-fated Barbaro, on the road to the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will be held at the Kentucky Theatre in Lexington on Tuesday, Oct. 14.
Yesterday, a horse named Leigh McLovin ran second in her first start in a maiden special weight. That made us think of two things: McLovin...and McLovin.
Documentary filmmakers John and Brad Hennegan announced their film "The First Saturday in May," which made its debut April 18 in approximately 20 cities around the country, has been carried over for at least one more week in six Truly Indie theaters. The film will also make its debut at several other theaters starting April 24.
Churchill Downs Inc. has partnered with Truly Indie and filmmakers John and Brad Hennegan to distribute their award-winning documentary The First Saturday in May to U.S. theaters for a week-long national run in 18 major markets starting April 18. A special one-night Louisville premiere is scheduled for April 13 at The Louisville Palace Theatre.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Overnight Rating Best Since 2004
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga