A private showing of "The First Saturday in May," the award-winning documentary from the Hennegan Brothers that profiles the connections of six Thoroughbreds, including ill-fated Barbaro, on the road to the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will be held at the Kentucky Theatre in Lexington on Tuesday, Oct. 14.
Yesterday, a horse named Leigh McLovin ran second in her first start in a maiden special weight. That made us think of two things: McLovin...and McLovin.
Documentary filmmakers John and Brad Hennegan announced their film "The First Saturday in May," which made its debut April 18 in approximately 20 cities around the country, has been carried over for at least one more week in six Truly Indie theaters. The film will also make its debut at several other theaters starting April 24.
Churchill Downs Inc. has partnered with Truly Indie and filmmakers John and Brad Hennegan to distribute their award-winning documentary The First Saturday in May to U.S. theaters for a week-long national run in 18 major markets starting April 18. A special one-night Louisville premiere is scheduled for April 13 at The Louisville Palace Theatre.
Most Popular Stories
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension