Indian Territory will stand in 2009 at Bill Langford's Cherokee Ridge Horse Farm near Carencro, La.
Dogwood Stable's unbeaten Limehouse overcame a troubled trip in Sunday's $162,750 Bashford Manor (gr. III) to win by a widening 4 1/2 lengths in a roughly run closing day feature for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Cuvee, a romping winner in the Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III), looms as a heavy favorite in Sunday's 102nd running of the six-furlong race for 2-year-olds - but he will be challenged by some new faces.
Cuvee, ridden by Lonnie Meche, swept to the lead on the far turn and drew off for a convincing 8 1/4-length victory over First Money in Memorial Day's featured $174,200 grade III Kentucky Breeders' Cup for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Winchell Thoroughbreds' Cuvee, a dazzling 6 1/2-length winner in his career debut at Churchill Downs on Kentucky Oaks Day, heads a field of six in the 5 1/2-furlong Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III) Monday, the first graded stakes race of the year for American 2-year-olds.
Grade II winner Lil's Lad was represented by his first winner when First Money got out to a quick start and won going away
Most Popular Stories
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound