Indian Territory will stand in 2009 at Bill Langford's Cherokee Ridge Horse Farm near Carencro, La.
Dogwood Stable's unbeaten Limehouse overcame a troubled trip in Sunday's $162,750 Bashford Manor (gr. III) to win by a widening 4 1/2 lengths in a roughly run closing day feature for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Cuvee, a romping winner in the Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III), looms as a heavy favorite in Sunday's 102nd running of the six-furlong race for 2-year-olds - but he will be challenged by some new faces.
Cuvee, ridden by Lonnie Meche, swept to the lead on the far turn and drew off for a convincing 8 1/4-length victory over First Money in Memorial Day's featured $174,200 grade III Kentucky Breeders' Cup for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Winchell Thoroughbreds' Cuvee, a dazzling 6 1/2-length winner in his career debut at Churchill Downs on Kentucky Oaks Day, heads a field of six in the 5 1/2-furlong Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III) Monday, the first graded stakes race of the year for American 2-year-olds.
Grade II winner Lil's Lad was represented by his first winner when First Money got out to a quick start and won going away
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates