Unforgettable Max, heavily favored at odds of 9-10, ran to a 2 1/2-length victory in Sunday's $70,000 Frisk Me Now Stakes at Monmouth Park, but disappointed his backers anyway when disqualified for causing interference on the first turn, moving Pretty Wild into the winner's circle.
Rock Slide, winner of five of six starts for trainer Neil Howard, is among the favorites in Saturday's $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship (gr. III) at 1 1/8 mile. The evenly-matched contest drew eight older horses.
A field of seven older horses will contest Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II) with Include the topweight at 120 pounds and likely favorite in the mile and an eighth event.
A field of six or seven older horses, including two based locally, are expected to contest Sunday's $350,000 Iselin Handicap (gr. II) at 1 1/8 miles.
Pin Oak Stable's homebred Broken Vow posted a two-length win over First Lieutenant in Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park.
Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (G2) is likely to draw a field of five or six older horses with widely varying profiles. Some, like Sir Bear, are old pros in the stakes ranks with nothing to prove. Others, like First Lieutenant, are looking for their first added-money score and credibility in the handicap ranks.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- The Ex Terminator
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener