Unforgettable Max, heavily favored at odds of 9-10, ran to a 2 1/2-length victory in Sunday's $70,000 Frisk Me Now Stakes at Monmouth Park, but disappointed his backers anyway when disqualified for causing interference on the first turn, moving Pretty Wild into the winner's circle.
Rock Slide, winner of five of six starts for trainer Neil Howard, is among the favorites in Saturday's $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship (gr. III) at 1 1/8 mile. The evenly-matched contest drew eight older horses.
A field of seven older horses will contest Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II) with Include the topweight at 120 pounds and likely favorite in the mile and an eighth event.
A field of six or seven older horses, including two based locally, are expected to contest Sunday's $350,000 Iselin Handicap (gr. II) at 1 1/8 miles.
Pin Oak Stable's homebred Broken Vow posted a two-length win over First Lieutenant in Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park.
Sunday's $350,000 Philip H. Iselin Handicap (G2) is likely to draw a field of five or six older horses with widely varying profiles. Some, like Sir Bear, are old pros in the stakes ranks with nothing to prove. Others, like First Lieutenant, are looking for their first added-money score and credibility in the handicap ranks.
Most Popular Stories
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day
- Special Post Time for Aqueduct on Wood Day
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Vocations Announces 2014 Ambassadors
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Concert Added to Black-Eyed Susan Day Lineup
- Encaustic Sires First Three Foals
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage