Ten domestic and three European-based 3-year-olds comprise a field of 13 for the $500,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 17 on the turf course at Arlington Park, with Jack Milton established as the 3-1 favorite.
Gerard and Alain Wertheimer's Intello, whose unbeaten record was tarnished in the French Guineas, will try to get back to his winning ways June 2 in the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) at Chantilly.
Presented with a new setting and a much different assignment, Team Valor International, Arrowfield Stud, and Darley's Animal Kingdom answered impressively May 29 in a key workout over the straightaway at Ascot.
Jockey Frankie Dettori, cleared by France Galop to resume his career, has been named to ride Team Valor International's group II winner First Cornerstone in the Prix du Jockey Club (French Derby, Fr-I) at Chantilly June 2.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien tallied a ninth victory in the Tattersalls Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Aus-I) when Magician struck for a dominant win in the classic May 25 at the Curragh.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien will send out four of the 10 runners in the Tattersalls Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) May 25 as he bids for a ninth win in the classic at the Curragh, including early favorite Magician.
Unbeaten Dawn Approach leads 24 colts going forward in the 2013 Investec Derby (Eng-I), the premier classic run at Epsom Downs June 1.
Aidan O'Brien has the favorite for the Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) in the visually impressive debut winner Kingsbarns, who takes a huge step up in class in Great Britain's final group I race for the year Oct. 27 at Doncaster.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30