There is nothing quite as humbling on the Derby trail as attempting to set off two fireworks on the same day, especially when you light them minutes apart. read blog
Despite midday rain and constant threats of thunderstorms, Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, attracted 41,087 customers through its turnstiles for live horse racing and post-race fireworks July 3-4.
Arlington Park and Calder Race Course are among the nation's racetracks that will combine the Fourth of July celebration with weekend racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park