Splash Point turned the tables on rival Zanzamar as he charged from well off the pace to win the $250,000 UAE 2000 Guineas Sponsored by Dubal (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse Feb. 10.
A total of 989 horses from 21 countries were nominated to the March 26 Dubai World Cup day card at Nad Al Sheba Race Course.
Godolphin's Firebreak, a 5-year-old son of Charnwood Forest, ran out a facile winner of the Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) on the Nad Al Sheba dirt Saturday night.
American-based millionaire Morluc is among 79 entries for the group I Darley July Cup at England's Newmarket Racecourse on July 10. The 2003 Darley July Cup, supported by Sheikh Mohammed's Darley Stud since 1996, has gone up in value to £250,000, a £30,000 increase over the 2002 figure, when there were 57 entries.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules