Tale of Ekati turned in a super-sharp work for the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr.I) when he sped four furlongs in 46.84 seconds over Belmont Park's main track May 20. The move was the fastest of 37 works at the distance, on a track listed as fast before a steady rain began falling later in the morning.
Charles Fipke's homebred Tale of Ekati may have turned in a sub-par effort in the Louisiana Derby (gr. II), but he sparkled at Aqueduct when he ran down War Pass in the final strides of the $750,000 Wood Memorial (gr. I) April 5.
Canadian champion Perfect Soul has been retired to Darby Dan Farm near Lexington, Ky. and will enter stud in 2005 for a $15,000 fee.
Perfect Soul, a grade I winner, millionaire, and Canadian champion, has been retired from racing.
Perfect Soul remained perfect on the Keeneland turf course, winning the competitive Maker's Mark Mile (gr. IIT) Friday under a well-judged ride by Edgar Prado in course record time.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Post Kentucky Derby News Update for May 3
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Filly Completes Guineas Double for Coolmore
- Kentucky Derby: Bob Baffert Reflects on Derby