A final agreement has been reached to permit Thoroughbred racing to continue at Finger Lakes Racetrack as part of a two-year deal that includes additional funding for purses from several stakeholders.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is proposing a plan to keep racing afloat at Finger Lakes Racetrack that calls for new contributions to a purse account from the track's owners.
The head of the horsemen's group at New York's Finger Lakes racetrack said the facility could be forced to close in the coming years unless state officials take action to protect it from a new commercial casino.
Jockey John A. Grabowski earned career victory number 3,000 Sept. 8, guiding Diamond Hard Cut to a two-length triumph at Finger Lakes Racetrack in upstate New York. Jockey Richard Feliciano reached the 1,000-win plateau at Mountaineer Park.
Seven entrants are set to compete in Saturday's $125,000 New York Derby, the richest race on the calendar this season at Finger Lakes racetrack.
- By Tom Precious
The horsemen's group at Finger Lakes Racetrack in New York will back a new contract to ensure the track is running by its scheduled April 18 opening, the head of the organization said Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Distorted Humor Filly Brings $575,000 at OBS
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Filly’s Price Tag is Right for the Prices
- Jade Girl First Winner for Power Broker
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- ABR Talks with Mike Langford, Owner of Untrapped
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming