The head of the horsemen's group at New York's Finger Lakes racetrack said the facility could be forced to close in the coming years unless state officials take action to protect it from a new commercial casino.
Jockey John A. Grabowski earned career victory number 3,000 Sept. 8, guiding Diamond Hard Cut to a two-length triumph at Finger Lakes Racetrack in upstate New York. Jockey Richard Feliciano reached the 1,000-win plateau at Mountaineer Park.
Seven entrants are set to compete in Saturday's $125,000 New York Derby, the richest race on the calendar this season at Finger Lakes racetrack.
- By Tom Precious
The horsemen's group at Finger Lakes Racetrack in New York will back a new contract to ensure the track is running by its scheduled April 18 opening, the head of the organization said Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires