The head of the horsemen's group at New York's Finger Lakes racetrack said the facility could be forced to close in the coming years unless state officials take action to protect it from a new commercial casino.
Jockey John A. Grabowski earned career victory number 3,000 Sept. 8, guiding Diamond Hard Cut to a two-length triumph at Finger Lakes Racetrack in upstate New York. Jockey Richard Feliciano reached the 1,000-win plateau at Mountaineer Park.
Seven entrants are set to compete in Saturday's $125,000 New York Derby, the richest race on the calendar this season at Finger Lakes racetrack.
- By Tom Precious
The horsemen's group at Finger Lakes Racetrack in New York will back a new contract to ensure the track is running by its scheduled April 18 opening, the head of the organization said Feb. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success