Trainer Michael S. Ferraro reached a career milestone of 3,000 wins when Sweet Sweet Afleet won the eighth race Nov. 12 at Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack.
Chief Officer broke right to the front and never looked back on her way to a 5 1/2-length victory in the $250,518 New York Breeders' Futurity at Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack in Farmington, N.Y., on Monday.
Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack announced that funds secured for the Finger Lakes Thoroughbred Adoption Program during its benefit dinner Aug. 18 will enable the construction of a stand alone adoption facility on the racetrack grounds. Allowing the program to showcase its adoptable horses to the public, the facility will also serve as a central headquarters for the organization.
The company that owns Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack and operates video lottery terminals at two upstate New York harness tracks has joined the board of directors of Friends of New York Racing, the advocacy organization that seeks to create a better business model for horse racing in the state.
Zippy Chippy, the popular 13-year-old maiden who has failed to earn a victory in 98 career starts, will give it another shot when he makes his 2004 debut Sept. 4 at the Three-County Fair in Northampton, Mass.
The New York Racing Association can give free passes to relatives of owners, trainers, and jockeys under a bill approved by the state legislature, but state regulators must be notified.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis
- The Great War to Return in 96ROCK Stakes
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Take Charge Brandi Set for Martha Washington
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- No Movement on Plans for Calder Barn Area
- Xpressbet Offers 'X-Country Pick 4' Feb. 7
- Downey Profile: 10 U.S. Noms to UAE Derby