A Florida administrative law judge has recommended South Florida-based trainer Kirk Ziadie have his racing license suspended for six years and be fined $18,000 for repeated clenbuterol violations in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
An Indiana veterinarian charged with administering cobalt to a horse before a race and several other offenses was suspended for 20 years and fined $20,000 by the Indiana Horse Racing Commission.
Motor City, chugging along at the rail for Calvin Borel, edged past Seven Lively Sins at mid-stretch and held on for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $110,700 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs Oct. 30.
Mr. Bowling, the lone stakes winner in a field of seven juveniles, will carry top weight of 120 pounds in the $100,000 Iroquois (gr. III) on opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet Oct. 30.
Kentucky-based trainer David Carroll has been fined $1,000 for "unacceptable display of temper" in connection with an incident that occurred at Churchill Downs during the week leading up to this year's Kentucky Derby.
- By Claire Novak
Trainer Gary Contessa has been fined $1,000 and suspended seven days for the finding of the drug Phenylbutazone in post race samples taken from his starter Sheer Silk.
Indianapolis Downs, a racetrack under construction in Indiana, could be fined $1.2 million by the Indiana Horse Racing Commission for failure to disclose details about a consultant and lobbyist. An attorney for the association denied the allegations.
- By Tom LaMarra
In what is believed to be a record fine for a Standardbred horseman in Kentucky, Dale Loney, a trainer and driver, was fined $5,000 after tests revealed two of his horses had been "milkshaked" on the same race day at Thunder Ridge Raceway in Prestonsburg.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial