Motor City, chugging along at the rail for Calvin Borel, edged past Seven Lively Sins at mid-stretch and held on for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $110,700 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs Oct. 30.
Mr. Bowling, the lone stakes winner in a field of seven juveniles, will carry top weight of 120 pounds in the $100,000 Iroquois (gr. III) on opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet Oct. 30.
Kentucky-based trainer David Carroll has been fined $1,000 for "unacceptable display of temper" in connection with an incident that occurred at Churchill Downs during the week leading up to this year's Kentucky Derby.
Trainer Gary Contessa has been fined $1,000 and suspended seven days for the finding of the drug Phenylbutazone in post race samples taken from his starter Sheer Silk.
Indianapolis Downs, a racetrack under construction in Indiana, could be fined $1.2 million by the Indiana Horse Racing Commission for failure to disclose details about a consultant and lobbyist. An attorney for the association denied the allegations.
In what is believed to be a record fine for a Standardbred horseman in Kentucky, Dale Loney, a trainer and driver, was fined $5,000 after tests revealed two of his horses had been "milkshaked" on the same race day at Thunder Ridge Raceway in Prestonsburg.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Penn National CEO Wilmott Appointed to Board
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: At The Sales
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen