Financingavailable, Canada's champion older mare last year and one of the favorites for the same title this year, has been retired from racing because of a small ligament tear.
Live Oak Plantation's She's Indy Money recorded her first graded stakes win Sept. 8 at Woodbine, capturing the CAN$168,500 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) by a comfortable two lengths over odds-on choice Financingavailable.
Arravale was named Canada's Sovereign Award winner as Horse of the Year, the Jockey Club of Canada announced during its annual award ceremony Dec. 16 at InterContinental Toronto Centre.
Finacingavailable, a five-year-old daughter of Kiridashi, wired her rivals as the 1-5 favorite, in taking the $125,000 Classy'N Smart Stakes that was part of Monday's Thanksgiving Day program at Canada's Woodbine Racecourse.
Jim McAleney and Jono Jones recorded riding doubles, Lorne Richards had the training double and Barbeau Ruckus was the only repeat winner, during the 2006 edition of Woodbine's Yearling Sales Stakes day on Monday.
Financingavailable capped off a five-win day for Todd Kabel when the she captured Sunday's $160,350 Jammed Lovely Stakes for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I