Financingavailable, Canada's champion older mare last year and one of the favorites for the same title this year, has been retired from racing because of a small ligament tear.
Live Oak Plantation's She's Indy Money recorded her first graded stakes win Sept. 8 at Woodbine, capturing the CAN$168,500 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) by a comfortable two lengths over odds-on choice Financingavailable.
Arravale was named Canada's Sovereign Award winner as Horse of the Year, the Jockey Club of Canada announced during its annual award ceremony Dec. 16 at InterContinental Toronto Centre.
Finacingavailable, a five-year-old daughter of Kiridashi, wired her rivals as the 1-5 favorite, in taking the $125,000 Classy'N Smart Stakes that was part of Monday's Thanksgiving Day program at Canada's Woodbine Racecourse.
Jim McAleney and Jono Jones recorded riding doubles, Lorne Richards had the training double and Barbeau Ruckus was the only repeat winner, during the 2006 edition of Woodbine's Yearling Sales Stakes day on Monday.
Financingavailable capped off a five-win day for Todd Kabel when the she captured Sunday's $160,350 Jammed Lovely Stakes for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely