Financingavailable, Canada's champion older mare last year and one of the favorites for the same title this year, has been retired from racing because of a small ligament tear.
Live Oak Plantation's She's Indy Money recorded her first graded stakes win Sept. 8 at Woodbine, capturing the CAN$168,500 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) by a comfortable two lengths over odds-on choice Financingavailable.
Arravale was named Canada's Sovereign Award winner as Horse of the Year, the Jockey Club of Canada announced during its annual award ceremony Dec. 16 at InterContinental Toronto Centre.
Finacingavailable, a five-year-old daughter of Kiridashi, wired her rivals as the 1-5 favorite, in taking the $125,000 Classy'N Smart Stakes that was part of Monday's Thanksgiving Day program at Canada's Woodbine Racecourse.
Jim McAleney and Jono Jones recorded riding doubles, Lorne Richards had the training double and Barbeau Ruckus was the only repeat winner, during the 2006 edition of Woodbine's Yearling Sales Stakes day on Monday.
Financingavailable capped off a five-win day for Todd Kabel when the she captured Sunday's $160,350 Jammed Lovely Stakes for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan