The Maryland Jockey Club submitted an audited financial report March 31 that showed losses for Laurel Park and a small profit for Pimlico Race Course for the final eight months of 2010.
Despite financial results that show a net loss of $105.1 million in 2003, Magna Entertainment Corp. president Jim McAlpine said the company "made significant strides" in creating a global company built around horse racing.
Gemstar-TV Guide International reported a net loss of $6.23 billion, mainly from write-downs for goodwill, for fiscal year 2002. Meanwhile, the company's interactive platform sector, which includes the TV Games Network, posted revenue gains.
Most Popular Stories
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice