The Maryland Jockey Club submitted an audited financial report March 31 that showed losses for Laurel Park and a small profit for Pimlico Race Course for the final eight months of 2010.
Despite financial results that show a net loss of $105.1 million in 2003, Magna Entertainment Corp. president Jim McAlpine said the company "made significant strides" in creating a global company built around horse racing.
Gemstar-TV Guide International reported a net loss of $6.23 billion, mainly from write-downs for goodwill, for fiscal year 2002. Meanwhile, the company's interactive platform sector, which includes the TV Games Network, posted revenue gains.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends