The Maryland Jockey Club submitted an audited financial report March 31 that showed losses for Laurel Park and a small profit for Pimlico Race Course for the final eight months of 2010.
Despite financial results that show a net loss of $105.1 million in 2003, Magna Entertainment Corp. president Jim McAlpine said the company "made significant strides" in creating a global company built around horse racing.
Gemstar-TV Guide International reported a net loss of $6.23 billion, mainly from write-downs for goodwill, for fiscal year 2002. Meanwhile, the company's interactive platform sector, which includes the TV Games Network, posted revenue gains.
Most Popular Stories
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale