Edmund Gann's Final Destination, a champion and classic winner in her native New Zealand and a U.S. grade II winner, has been retired from racing
The little filly Dublino, making her 2003 seasonal debut, unleashed her reliably powerful stretch run to pull away in Sunday's $111,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the turf at Hollywood Park.
Final Destination, a graded stakes winner on two continents, seeks her sixth straight victory Sunday in the Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT), a $100,000-added test for fillies and mares at one mile on turf.
New Zealand-bred Final Destination won the $150,000 Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park on Monday, her second victory in two U.S. starts for owner Edmund Gann and trainer Bobby Frankel.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- East Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller