Edmund Gann's Final Destination, a champion and classic winner in her native New Zealand and a U.S. grade II winner, has been retired from racing
The little filly Dublino, making her 2003 seasonal debut, unleashed her reliably powerful stretch run to pull away in Sunday's $111,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the turf at Hollywood Park.
Final Destination, a graded stakes winner on two continents, seeks her sixth straight victory Sunday in the Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT), a $100,000-added test for fillies and mares at one mile on turf.
New Zealand-bred Final Destination won the $150,000 Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park on Monday, her second victory in two U.S. starts for owner Edmund Gann and trainer Bobby Frankel.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf