Images honoring the Hall of Fame trainer and industry leader View Slideshow
Fresh off an upset win over the highly touted Daredevil in last month's Fasig-Tipton Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park, Ready for Rye enters the Bay Shore having won two of his four starts.
Grade I King's Bishop winner The Big Beast and defending Carter Handicap winner Dads Caps turned in final preparations March 28 for the April 4 Carter, while 3-year-olds tuning up for the Wood Memorial were also on the tab.
Even though Final Chapter isn't a 'typical' Nerud, he may yet prove a fitting epilogue to the story of one of the great figures of the American turf.
Final Chapter, a 3-year-old homebred for 102-year-old John Nerud, has emerged as a potential stakes horse after beating winners for the first time Feb. 26, winning by six widening lengths in a razor-sharp 1:11.
John Nerud, who turns 102 on Feb. 9, sends out homebred to break maiden at Big A
Two-year-olds owned by Sheikh Mohammed's Darley operation dominated two trials in their division at the 72nd annual Aiken Trials March 15 at the Aiken Training Track in South Carolina.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Tin Type Gal Rallies to Take Boiling Springs
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury