When owner-trainer Wesley Ward decided to race champion female sprinter Judy the Beauty one more season this year, the goal was always to get back to the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint (gr. I).
Tom LaMarra and Claire Novak handicap a few choice races from the Breeders' Cup providing insight from past performances and on site impressions. The Classic will be covered in tomorrow's show. watch video
The Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries are out. Evan looks at the Filly and Mare Sprint, Filly and Mare Turf, Dirt Mile and Classic. Watch Video
Oprah Winney exits an effort that disappointed her connections in the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint, but the competition will be softer for their filly in the $75,000 Garland of Roses Handicap at Aqueduct on Dec. 1.
Trainer Jeremy Noseda, responsible for 2004 Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Wilko, will have two, maybe three, runners at this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships at Monmouth Park.
- By Esther Marr
New Jersey-bred Wild Gams, who is fully accustomed to running in the Northeast, will have a home-court advantage if she competes in the $1-million Filly & Mare Sprint Oct. 26 at Monmouth Park.
The verdict is in and Madame Pietra has been flown to Florida to participate in the Filly and Mare Sprint on Sunshine Millions Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely