Eight-year-old Musketier showed no signs of rust coming back from a more than six-month layoff, as he took over approaching the stretch and bounded home for a win in the Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIT) on closing day at Keeneland.
High-weighted Expansion and an interesting mix of veterans, including Brass Hat and Ascertain, headline a field of 12 in Keeneland's April 23 closing day feature, the $200,000 Fifth Third Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIT).
Ascertain outlasted fast-closing Always First by a diminishing neck to win the $200,000 Fifth Third Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIIT) Friday as Keeneland closed its 15-day spring meeting.
Pellegrino, a grade I winner overlooked at odds of 24-1, took the lead with less than an eighth of a mile remaining and gamely held off two challengers to win the $200,000 Fifth Third Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIIT) Friday, the final day of Keeneland's spring meeting.
Irish-bred Macaw drew in from the also-eligible list for Keeneland's Fifth Third Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIIT) with the scratch of morning line favorite Magistretti, then looped the entire field to win Friday's $200,000 closing-day feature by 2 1/2 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud