There were just five starters in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park Saturday, but plenty of trouble nevertheless. Favored Gouldings Green was awarded victory when jockey Corey Lanerie was forced to take up while rallying along the inside, overturning a one-length victory by Fifteen Rounds.
Melnyk Racing Stables Inc.'s Gouldings Green, winner of the Alysheba Stakes at Churchill Downs earlier this month, is the 9-5 morning line favorite in a well-matched field of five older horses entered for Saturday's $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
A deep field of 12 older sprinters heads to the gate for Saturday's $400,000, seven-furlong Commonwealth Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at Keeneland.
Nine sprinters, topped by graded stakes winners Bwana Charlie and Level Playingfield, will contest Saturday's $250,000 Phoenix Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland. All starters carry 118 pounds in the six furlong test.
Ken Meeker and Carson Springs Farm's Fifteen Rounds emerged victorious after engaging Elusive Jazz in a stretch-long duel to win the $150,000 Arlington Breeders' Cup Sprint by a neck in stakes-record time of 1:08.51 under jockey Chris Emigh.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab