The $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT), the final turf stakes of the year in New York for fillies and mares, drew an overflow field of 14 with two also eligibles entered for Saturday's Aqueduct feature.
Jockey Jorge Chavez won the $112,500 Athenia Handicap (gr. IIIT) for the second straight year, riding front-running Wild Heart Dancing to a half-length victory Sunday at Aqueduct. Chavez won the Athenia last year aboard Antoniette.
Follow the Money tracked early pacesetter Dominique's Joy and then dueled through the stretch with Melody Queen to win the $150,000 Violet Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck Friday night at Meadowlands.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- ARCI Schedules Two Town Hall Meetings
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor