A colt by Don Eduardo brought the top price of NZ$60,000 ($46,160 in U.S. funds) on the last day, equaling the amount brought by a Gallant Guru--Blessed Thee colt during the festival auction's opening session Feb. 6.
A Gallant Guru colt, who is out of the unraced Star Way mare Blessed Thee, brought the top price of NZ$60,000 ($46,169 in U.S. funds) Feb. 6 during the first session of New Zealand Bloodstock's festival yearling sale.
Colt brings NZ$110,000 ($75,786 in U.S. funds) as New Zealand yearling sale ends.
New Zealand Bloodstock's festival yearling sale closed out its two-day run Feb. 2 in Karaka with a gross revenue of NZ$4,498,700 (approximately $2,291,233 in U.S. funds), which was down only 11.3% from last year's total of NZ$5,073,850.
Doncaster's St. Leger Festival yearling sale began on a modest note on Sept. 11,with two £32,000 lots topping the session.
Most Popular Stories
- Taking Shergar
- Mike Hushion Back Where He Belongs
- Dubai Turf Ultimate Target for Euro Charline
- Meet the Rare White Foal at Rockridge Stud
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 2/9/2016
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- Flashy American, Funfair Light Up Bid Board
- WinStar Derby Challenge Begins Feb. 12
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed Sale Posts Declines