Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 235 horses for its Saratoga select yearling auction, which will be held Aug. 10-11 in upstate New York. The number is up 20.5% from a year ago, when there were 195 yearlings listed in the book.
Fasig-Tipton Company and the New York Racing Association (NYRA) are teaming up to develop the inaugural Fasig-Tipton Festival of Racing at Saratoga Race Course The festival will be held the second weekend of the Saratoga racing season, Aug. 8 and 9, and will precede the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction Aug. 10 and 11.
The Illinois Racing Board Dec. 10 released its 2009 stakes schedule.
Arlington Park plans to reschedule and enrich its stakes program this summer to provide a "Preview Weekend at the Park" before the Oct. 26 running of the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Insights on Jockey Club's Purchase of B-H
- Charles Town, Oaklawn Cancel Friday Cards
- New Round of Casino Bidding OK'd in New York
- Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award Semifinalists Named
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions