Arlington International Racecourse starts a 77-day live racing season May 1 that includes stakes races on nine consecutive Saturdays throughout July and August during the Arlington International Championship Season.
Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 235 horses for its Saratoga select yearling auction, which will be held Aug. 10-11 in upstate New York. The number is up 20.5% from a year ago, when there were 195 yearlings listed in the book.
Fasig-Tipton Company and the New York Racing Association (NYRA) are teaming up to develop the inaugural Fasig-Tipton Festival of Racing at Saratoga Race Course The festival will be held the second weekend of the Saratoga racing season, Aug. 8 and 9, and will precede the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction Aug. 10 and 11.
The Illinois Racing Board Dec. 10 released its 2009 stakes schedule.
Arlington Park plans to reschedule and enrich its stakes program this summer to provide a "Preview Weekend at the Park" before the Oct. 26 running of the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Bold Conquest Not Likely for Derby AE List
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund Gets a Bath
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- NY to Consider Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Clabes Appointed Executive Director of KEEP
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Bill Cooke & Calumet Farm's Trophy Collection
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires