Fasig-Tipton has cataloged 235 horses for its Saratoga select yearling auction, which will be held Aug. 10-11 in upstate New York. The number is up 20.5% from a year ago, when there were 195 yearlings listed in the book.
Fasig-Tipton Company and the New York Racing Association (NYRA) are teaming up to develop the inaugural Fasig-Tipton Festival of Racing at Saratoga Race Course The festival will be held the second weekend of the Saratoga racing season, Aug. 8 and 9, and will precede the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction Aug. 10 and 11.
The Illinois Racing Board Dec. 10 released its 2009 stakes schedule.
Arlington Park plans to reschedule and enrich its stakes program this summer to provide a "Preview Weekend at the Park" before the Oct. 26 running of the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday