Trainer M. Anthony Ferraro earned his 1,000th career victory on Friday at Finger Lakes in New York when 2-year-old Go Stan Israelite won the day's first race by a nose.
Saturday's $250,000 Empire Classic, the marquee race on New York Showcase Day at Belmont Park, is so wide open that Rudina Stable's filly Board Elligible, has a big shot in a field of 15.
- By Jack Shinar
California, whose horse population has been hit by West Nile virus harder than any other state in the nation this season, has about one month to go before it can expect a decline in the number of cases.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'