A nearly sixth-month dispute over Northern California's 2017 racing schedule was resolved Nov. 17 during a California Horse Racing Board meeting at Del Mar.
The California Horse Racing Board's Race Dates Committee took a step toward resolving a nearly six-month-long dispute regarding Northern California's 2017 schedule Nov. 16, with a recommendation that largely resembles 2016's slate in the region.
Members of the California Horse Racing Board made a commitment to decide the highly contentious Northern California 2017 racing dates dispute at its regular October meeting, but the regulatory agency could not reach a resolution Oct. 20.
After two hours of discussion Oct. 7 about the ongoing dates dispute in Northern California, the California Horse Racing Board's Race Dates Committee made a recommendation for the regulatory agency's full monthly meeting Oct. 20.
After more than two and a half hours of discussion July 13 during a California Horse Racing Board Race Dates Committee meeting, a racing schedule for 2017 in both Northern and Southern California remained unresolved.
Though still early in the process for allocating 2017 racing dates, a California Horse Racing Board Dates Committee meeting June 15 provided a glimpse of what might be ahead.
Santa Anita applied for the traditional Oak Tree Racing Association dates for 2011 during a Sept. 22 California Horse Racing Board race dates committee meeting.
By Morton Cathro -- Regardless of size, location, or caliber of horses, racetracks long have served as a microcosm of society, holding up a mirror to humankind.
Most Popular Stories
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm