Session three of the Keeneland January horses of ages sale in Lexington was brightened by the most expensive yearling sold so far, a $390,000 son of Maria's Mon. But the auction's key business figures remained grim when compared to 2008's results.
A Maria's Mon colt became the highest-priced yearling sold at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale so far when he was purchased for $390,000 by Florida pinhooker Jimmy Gladwell in the name of Ferguson Valley Ranch Jan. 14 in Lexington. The immediate underbidder on the handsome chestnut was Brian Graves, who is the director of public sales for the Beck family's Kentucky-based Gainesway Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- Seven Seek First Graded Score in Las Flores
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start